ADVOCACY AND CAMPAIGNS
Dis-Moi’s primary tool is advocacy and campaigning. Advocacy campaigns are the driving force of the progress of Dis-Moi. The organisation desires to call attention to issues or problems related to human rights violations, identify solutions, coordinate efforts of the masses, and work to bring about changes that will make our region a better place.
What has been done ?
- Dis-Moi has already been campaigning to regional citizens to promote the adoption of an international convention on the rights of the elderly.
- Dis-Moi has written an advocacy to end torture and police brutality in Mauritius during the lockdown with the case of Thomas Pascal Ravina.
- Awareness campaign on independent living for people with disabilities, the mission was to contribute to the independence of people with (physical) disabilities.
- Women’s rights commission has been doing awareness campaigns and training sessions.
- Environment campaigning in Rodrigues, done through the Indian Ocean Youth Ecological Council for Dis-Moi La Terre project to sensitise the youth on the importance of protecting and advocating for environmental rights.